10 Ways To Deal With Depression
1. Pray. Find solitude in the
promises of God. ( Matthew11:28 )
2. Force yourself to spend time with positive friends and family members. Create a support system.
3. Focus on the positives, your accomplishments, and your goals.
4. Try and stay clear of spending too much time alone. Boredom is depression’s playground..
5. Be open, honest, and let your loved ones know if you are struggling.
6. Seek professional help. No one is “too cool” to ask for help when in need.
7. Adopt a dog or cat that can be utilized as an emotional support animal.
8. Journal your thoughts and feelings on paper. Take note of your ups and downs.
9. Get outside! Don’t spend all your days cooped up in your room or house.
10. Find a hobby. Engage in an activity that you can spend time enjoying.
I’m not licensed professional, but mentioned above are the few things that helped me through some of the darkest times of my life. Although I have been depression free for the last five years of my life, I still make sure to keep myself aware of its harm and
potential to come back and haunt me.
I hope this post encourages you to realizes you’re not alone. You have identity and worth in Jesus, and your life truly does have purpose. Share this post in chance of bringing light to
someone who is battling depression.
- Jarrid Wilson